Hostel 56, was where we resided last week during our pre move trip to Barcelona. Sadly this hostel won’t be making my all time top 5 list any time soon, not because it’s awful but because it just isn’t really a hostel at all.
- Price! – This was its USP, it was cheap and cheerful which is not something easy to find in this city. Barcelona hostels are quite expensive /over priced in my opinion, for what you get.
- location – brillant, right besides Urgel metro station, Aero bus Stop and only a 10 min walk to center. The lovely cafe next door was ideal for breaki coffee and croissant 1.90 euro.
- cleanliness – It’s very clean
- Friendly & helpfull Staff / Owners
- No common spaces or kitchen 😦 There is no common spaces at all. Well theres a space of sorts in the reception area however, that s is only open as and when people are checking in.
- Tiny rooms with no heating – we stayed in a private double. It was really cold at night.
- Thin walls. you can hear everything. And i mean everything;)!
All in All.
This is a decent place to stay if you wanna save your pennies , and don’t plan to spending anytime inside. Under different circumstances i would spend a little more for those hostel facilities , a better social scene and all round vibe. However, for the purposes of this trip, where we was on a mission everyday and literally just needed a place for our bags and to sleep, it served us well.